Check out our terms and conditions
+ Explorium's General T&Cs
- Explorium is open to the public. There are areas within Explorium where specific charges apply.
To access the paid for areas a ticket must be purchased. This can be purchased using our website www.explorium.ie, over the phone or by arriving at our venue. Each person entering a ticketed area of Explorium must either sign a waiver or if under 18 have a waiver signed on their behalf.
Online tickets must be purchased only through the official Explorium website, any other websites purporting to sell Explorium tickets are unauthorised and the purchase of tickets from these sources may lead to entry being refused.
Upon purchase of a ticket or gift voucher from our website you will receive an email, to the email address you have supplied, with your ticket or gift voucher.
The email constitutes your proof of purchase. Please check that you have received this email following purchase. We take no responsibility should you not receive this email due to reasons outside of our control.
It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details on your ticket or gift voucher before confirming the purchase. Explorium does not accept any responsibility for bookings that are incorrect due to an error on the part of the customer.
It is possible to book tickets in person at Explorium. Tickets can be purchased at our main reception desk. Please note that all of our areas and activities have capacity limits and we do not guarantee the availability of any given area or attraction where it has not been pre-booked.
All parties, corporate events and group bookings must be booked directly with the Explorium Sales Team either through e-mail: info@explorium or by phone at 01 960 2000.
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) set out all the terms and conditions upon which we provide you and your guests (“you” and “your”) with access to Explorium.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Explorium is located at Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Explorium is operated by Explorium Limited, ph. 01 960 2000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All persons entering Explorium (visitors) (both paying and non-paying) do so subject to their adherence to the Terms and Conditions as outlined below.
Explorium operates a number of science and sports activities. The key features of our initial offering include;
Explorium (our science and sports centre)
Junior Explorium (our science and sports centre for the Under 8s)
VR based activities
Makers Labs / Tinkering
Food and Beverage Offerings -The Lookout Café, Bean and Kono Pizza.
The Explorium Gift Shop
- 1.1 Save as otherwise permitted by Explorium, all Visitors must pay for admission. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket will be refused entry or removed.
- 1.2 Tickets are non-refundable. All prices are quoted in euro. Explorium reserves the right to increase or decrease ticket prices at any time. The prices of tickets purchased online are as stated in entrant's confirmation email. The ticket is valid only for the date and the entry time stated on its face.
- 1.3 Tickets will be exchanged at our reception desk for Explorium wristbands. Explorium wristbands are linked to specific customer bookings and will only allow access to Explorium facilities and areas as per the linked customer booking.
- 1.4 Explorium wristbands must be worn at all times during a customer’s visit when in the areas where entry is controlled by wristband and automatic turnstile gates. Explorium wristbands are strictly non-transferable.
- 1.5. In the areas referred to in 1.4 above Explorium staff may at any time request to see a customers wristband. In the event that a customer does not have a valid wristband they may be asked to leave.
- 1.6 Different elements of Explorium have different rules on re-entry. In general our activities are sold for one hour and must be used at the time booked. Entry is allowed up to 15 minutes past the time slot booked on-line. Guests who arrive later than that may be refused entry depending on capacity constraints. Guests who arrive earlier than their allotted may be required to wait until the booked time before they can enter.
- 1.7 Explorium Science is a recommended 3-hour experience although guests may stay longer. Exit and Re-entry is allowed during this period. No re-entry is permitted after 3.5 hours from the time of entry.
- 1.8 For Health and Safety reasons some of our activities have restricted availability primarily based on height, weight or age. The nature of the restrictions vary from activity to activity. Where a restriction applies the nature of the restriction is explained on our website booking pages.
- 1.9 Certain exhibits or attractions at Explorium require a staff member to interact with the guest. At busy times it will not be logistically possible for all guests to engage in all activities. This is deemed to be understood at the time of ticket purchase. No refunds will be provided if any guest does not get to partake in any specific activity within Explorium.
- 1.10 Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash but can be used to pay for any product available in Explorium. Vouchers are not redeemable in our food outlets.
- 1.11 Explorium cannot be held liable for gift vouchers which are lost, stolen or damaged. We reserve the right to refuse to accept a gift voucher which we believe to have been tampered with, duplicated, or damaged.
- 1.12 Explorium has ample parking facilities, available to Explorium guests only.
- 1.13 Visitors with special needs may admit an accompanying carer free of charge when they purchase an adult or child ticket. Please bring relevant ID and documentation, such as an IAA Autism ID card, or an associated membership card, GP letter or hospital consultant letter which confirms the visitor is unable to visit Explorium independently without the aid of a carer or mobility aid.
- 1.14 If your ticket is resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain that ticket will be void.
- 2. Explorium Entry
- 2.1 Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over whilst taking part in a paid Explorium activity.2.2 Children aged over 14 may be unaccompanied in Explorium’s general circulation areas but must have a signing parent/guardian (18+) on site at all times.2.3 Children under the age of 18 will not be served alcohol at any food and beverage outlet in Explorium.
2.4 Explorium reserves the right to examine ID to confirm the age of a child.
2.5 All visitors participating in any paid activity at Explorium must first complete the Explorium Waiver form either on-line or physically at Explorium. Where members of a group are aged under 18 the waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian accompanying the minor. Entry will be refused to any member of a group for whom a waiver form has not been signed. The adult who accompanies the minors to Explorium is deemed to be their guardian for the duration of the visit to Explorium and is deemed to accept the responsibilities associated.
2.6 A parent or guardian can accompany no more than 6 minors - per adult. Bookings where there are more than 6 minors per adult will need to be made using our Group / Party booking procedures.
3. Conduct of Visitors
3.1 Explorium reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to, or remove from Explorium or the vicinity without refund, any person who:-
3.1.1 Behaves in a manner which, in the opinion of Explorium, its employees, contractors or agents, has affected or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of, or cause annoyance, danger or distress to, other visitors or damage to property;
3.1.2 Uses threatening, intimidating, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
3.1.3 Appears, in the opinion of an employee or agent of Explorium, to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances; or
3.1.4 for any other reason at the sole discretion of Explorium, its employees, contractors, agents or licensees.
3.2 A person to whom Terms 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3 or 3.1.4 applies will be liable for any damage caused or expenses incurred by his or her behaviour. Explorium reserves the right to prosecute in pursuit of recovering the cost of such damage.
3.3 Explorium is a smoke-free facility and smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is prohibited at all times. Persons in breach of this rule will be asked to leave.
3.4 There are multiple food and beverage outlets on the premises and you are not permitted to consume your own food or beverage in these areas.
- Pets or animals of any nature (with the exception of assistance dogs) are expressly prohibited in Explorium.
3.5 It is prohibited to bring into Explorium any of the following;
- Weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids, portable BBQs or other articles that may cause injury. Skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, bikes, scooters and other forms of personal transport. Balls, hurleys, frisbees, balloons or other similar items. Pets or other animals of any nature.
3.6 You are not permitted to bring alcohol into Explorium. Any persons found possessing alcohol on entry, or who appear to be unduly under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission or escorted out without right to refund. Explorium does serve alcohol products to adults aged over 18 in its main restaurant – The Lookout Café.
4. Opening of Displays
4.1 Explorium will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that its exhibits and displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. Explorium reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close Explorium or any part of it. The fact that a specific exhibition or part of an exhibition is not working or not available for any reason does not lead to any right of refund.
4.2 In the event of complete closure of Explorium for whatever reason, Explorium will refund the cost of prepaid tickets purchased specifically for dates on which Explorium is closed only. Explorium reserves the right to unilaterally refund tickets purchased for a certain
4.3 Other than in accordance with Term 4.2, Explorium shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out-of-pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of Explorium.
5. Limitation of Liability
5.1 OTHER THAN LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF EXPLORIUM, ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, EXPLORIUM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO VISITORS FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, HOWSOEVER ARISING. EXPLORIUM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ENTRANT'S PROPERTY LOST OR DAMAGED AT EXPLORIUM AND SUCH PROPERTY IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE ENTRANT.
6. Events Outside the Control of Explorium
6.1 Explorium is not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations caused by events outside its reasonable control.
6.2 It must be understood that for operational, technical, weather related or other reasons beyond our control, any attraction or exhibit may have to be closed, removed, altered in type or otherwise be unavailable at any time due to inclement weather, technical issues or otherwise without prior notice.
- to take and fulfil your booking;
- to process your payments for your booking; and
- if you agreed during the booking process either online or in person, to inform you about similar services that we or our partners provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
7.2 The Explorium building and grounds are covered by an extensive e CCTV network. We will not use footage from these cameras for any purpose other than establishing the facts of a specific incident at a specific time in order to ensure the well-being of our staff and visitors and the security of our property.
7.3 From time to time Explorium, or other authorised parties, may carry out photography and/or video recording in the building which may feature visitors. Explorium may not be in a position to obtain photographic consent for this filming/photography and copyright in these materials rests with Explorium or such authorised party (as the case may be).
7.4 Explorium hosts an exhibition called MovieWorld which is owned and partially operated by Techmania Science Centre of Pilsen in the Czech Republic. Participants have the opportunity to create a film and have it pieced together with enhanced features and sent to them as a Movie trailer with the guest as the star. This requires guests to give their email address to Techmania at the console in the MovieWorld section. Techmania will receive the email address and the video clips and their system will process these and send the finished product to the guest. This means that Techmania will hold personal data from participants to allow this process to happen. The data is used for no other purpose and is destroyed once the email and video is sent. We ask for specific GDPR approval to allow this happen both online and at Explorium. Anyone participating in MovieWorld should have agreed to this use of personal data. Those who have not registered their prior agreement are deemed to opt in once they enter their e-mail address into the MovieWorld console.
8. Governing Law
- 8.1 These Terms and all disputes and issues between Explorium and an Entrant arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. Explorium and Visitors hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
+ Website Terms
The term ‘Explorium’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Explorium, Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18. D18 N1F2.
Our company registration number is 3422670GH. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Access to our website
Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
Such restrictions and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Information on our website
We have endeavored to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate.
We reserve the right to make alterations and corrections to the information contained in this website at any time without notice. We make no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained or referred to on this website.
We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely.
Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update that material.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. In order for us to communicate with you effectively please inform us of any changes to your personal details.
Intellectual property rights
Images, copyright, trademarks, brands and all other intellectual property rights displayed on this website or existing in this website belong to us and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference for non-commercial purposes and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material showing our status as owners, or that of our contributors.
You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes.
Submission of material
We allow you to submit material for inclusion on our site. While we do not control the submission of material, we do reserve the right to delete, move and edit any material submitted. Publication will be at our discretion.
You are solely responsible for the material you submit to the Company Site and by submitting any material you agree to follow these rules. You may not submit any material which:
advertises or promotes any goods or services;
- reveals any confidential or sensitive information;
- contains links to any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory or indecent material or material which is deliberately intended to upset others;
- contains any material which you do not have permission to use (including material which may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, database rights or any other form of intellectual property right);
- contains viruses or any other components with harmful or contaminating effects on the Company Site or any equipment connected to it; or
- impersonates any living person
By submitting material to the site you agree to be responsible for all the Company's losses arising out any breach by you of these rules.
By submitting material to the site you are granting the Company a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and allow others to use any material you submit in whole or in part or in any form. We will try to credit authors of material where possible, but cannot guarantee to do so.
Cancelling registrations & email sign-up
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of our Terms and Conditions.
You can cancel your registration/email sign-up at any time by informing us using the Contact Us form or in writing to Explorium, Blackglen Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18. D18 N1F2.
The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the site shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. The use of information on the website and any downloadable item is at your own risk.
We cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss to your data or computer system that may occur while using this website or any downloadable item.
This website and material displayed on the website is provided "as is" without any warranty or implied term of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transactions concluded through the website.
Contracts for the supply of products, tickets, annual membership or other goods and services formed through our website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our terms and conditions of supply.
Information about you and your visitors to our website
This website is owned and run by us. We respect your privacy and will continue to do so in the on-line world
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure that the website is free from viruses, Explorium gives no warranties that it is indeed free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from our website
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and law
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Ireland.
Our terms and conditions of use may change. Please review them regularly. If you continue to use our website after a change has been made you are deemed to have accepted it.
Comments and concerns
If you have any comments or concerns about material which appears on our website, please contact email@example.com